All of our coaches are volunteers at The Gap Netball Club and we are so grateful for their contribution, without a Coach our teams cannot take the court.
Our Club promotes local community involvement in netball. Coaches are required to instigate fair court time across all age groups, facilitate player development, promote “positive or it’s pointless” on the court and sidelines, and above all else encourage a fun team environment.
The Gap Netball Club offers the following support for our Coaches with no out of pocket expense:
- access to pre-requisite Australian Sports Commission online training
- formal Netball Australia pathway and accreditation
- Blue Cards
- monthly informal development sessions
- coaching resources, hard copy and on-line
- Coach shirt
- Coach’s Folder and information session prior to season start
- Game Bag with bibs, two balls and basic first aid kit
- 1 x 1hr Training session Tue/Wed/Thurs convenient to Coach
- Access to extensive shared training equipment
- Managers assigned to each team to assist with Club admin
Club members turning 15yrs at a minimum in the year of coaching, are also encouraged to develop their leadership and mentoring skills by coaching one of our junior teams. Junior coaches will require an Executive Coach, often a parent or senior coach to facilitate throughout the season.
We welcome new and returning coaches, mums, dads, brothers, sisters, friends, family members and members of the community interested in developing their coaching skills.